The Sparkles Dance Studio Award™ is open to dancers aged 15 years and over, who are of non professional status (those who earn less than 50% of their income through dance related employment), registered as senior dancers at 2011 Sparkles Dance Studio Convention.
The award is designed to give one young Australian dancer the opportunity to travel and learn from the best teachers and choreographers the industry has to offer.
The Sparkles Dance Studio Award™ recipient will receive ONE return Economy airfare to Los Angeles, a 40-class pass to Edge Performing Arts Center, Hollywood and $1500 cash. One runner up will receive $1000 cash.
Heats will take place in Sydney during SDSC – Sparkles Dance Studio Convention, with the Grand Final taking place on the final day of the convention.
GDA entrant requirements:
- Entry is by video submission only – on DVD, Mini DV and VHS formats – and all entries must be received by the 31st March 2011
- All entries received after this date will not be accepted and their video will be forfeited
- An entry fee of $35 must accompany the video submission
- Award entrants must be registered for 2011 Sparkles Dance Studio Convention
- Studio entries can be submitted by registering multiple dancers on the one form and sending one video
- Previous Sparkles Dance Studio Award™ prize recipients of any value are ineligible from entering this year
- Recorded solos are to strictly be no longer than 3 minutes duration
- Only one solo per dancer is allowed with no restrictions applying to the style of dance entered
Solos are to be rehearsed prior to the convention; there is no time reserved for rehearsals during the convention. Costumes are not required however tidy attire is recommended.
All entries will be viewed for judging by our panel of five US choreographers prior to the commencement of the Sparkles Dance Studio Convention, with finalists being selected on day one of the convention in a Mock Audition environment.
Entrants will be judged on many areas of their performance including technique and execution, presentation of performance, appearance and potential of the performer.
Finally, OffBeat Productions PTY LTD reserve the right of refusal and the judges’ decision is final. There will be no forum for a protest.